Wiki Loves Monuments 2014 in Tunisia will be a national photography contest taking place from September 1st to 30th. Participants will take and upload pictures of each item part of the National Heritage Institute list of heritage monuments. At the end of this period, a jury will select the best pictures and prizes will be awarded during a public ceremony.
Do you want to enter the contest and have a chance to win one of the offered prizes? The only thing to do is to upload at least one photo of a monument on Wikimedia Commons. All photographers, either amateur or professional, are invited to participate in the contest!
Here are the basic rules for this contest (full regulation is available in French):
- You should take photos by yourself, all photos participating in the contest must be taken and uploaded by the participants themselves.
- Only monuments from the official list may be photographed.
- Only photos under a free license are eligible, this is why you should irrevocably release your work under a license such as Creative Commons Attribution – Share in the Same Conditions 3.0 not transposed (CC-BY-SA 3.0).
- You need an account on Wikimedia Commons.
- The contest begins on September 1st and expires on September 30th. You can take pictures at any time but the upload is only permitted during the contest period.
To participate, follow these steps:
- Make sure you have an account on Wikimedia Commons with a valid email address and create one if necessary
- Select as many monuments as you want in the official list
- Take a photo of these monuments or select photos that you have taken previously
- During the contest period, upload pictures on Wikimedia Commons, by going to the official list and then clicking the icon in the « Illustration » column of the concerned monument
In case of questions, please contact the contest organizers at email@example.com